Monday, August 21, 2006

The Odds are Good, but the Goods are Odd

Among Yancey's friends who attended the wedding, there were only two single men.

Which one would you choose? The Marvel Comics artist (left, Pond Scum) or the Kubert School teacher (right, Kraiger)? I lobbied them both to pretend to be my date during the first dance. They were both game (they are like brothers to me, from a super-dysfunctional family), but in the end, it must be said that Michael Kraiger actually knows how to lead during a dance, while both Pond Scum and I are clueless on this front.

4 comments:

Marie Javins said...

Wow, I can't believe how white my legs are.

Sara Kocher said...

Funny, I saw that photo and thought "wow, after all that worrying, she looks fantastic."

I guess everyone notices all the little flaws when looking at themselves that they ignore in others.

Marie Javins said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I guess it's better I noticed my legs are too white than a real problem, like, hey, my hair is part orange, or is that a hoof coming out of my ear.

To be honest, by the end of the night of dancing, I was like, "Oh, now I remember how to do all this girly stuff." I don't think I danced like that since my 30th birthday in the hold on the Lightship Frying Pan.

It was fun.

Ed Ward said...

If your legs are too white, you could always try sticking them out the window of your car while you drive.

Dangerous? Naaah. Look how all those other idiots are driving.