Saturday, October 07, 2006

Scanning Success



What's important about the above photo is not that the Bucce and I went to Marrakesh in 1995. It is not that it was my first time on a camel and I hadn't yet learned to ride from watching Peter O'Toole. Nor is it that the Bucce is allergic to camels. He had to stay several feet away and still sneezed.

No, what's important is that I scanned this photo on my Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB. On my Mac. In OS X. On the scanner I was about to return to MacMall.

I had no power before. I thought I'd give it one more try, and tried every A/C adapter with it that I could find in my closet.

One of them worked.

Cool. I have--well, my parent company has--an 11x17 $200 scanner. Thank you, Steve Lieber for posting instructions on how to use this PC scanner with OS X.

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Woo-hoo! Great news, Marie! I can't believe it was as simple as getting an A/C adapter that worked. Rob has so many adapters and doodads around the house that this problem is something I never would have pinpointed...