Monday, October 23, 2006

JC Art Tour


When my eyes get all twitchy, I know my body is telling me that it's time to step away from the computer.

This happened yesterday, at 4, after I'd worked on my Amtrak article for too many hours.

My bed called to me from the next room. "I'm warm and comfy! Have a nap!" I nearly succumbed. Then I remembered.

The JC Artist's Studio Tour was this weekend. And in two hours, I'd have completely missed this once a year event. Years ago, I'd run into Jessica Wolk-Stanley during the studio tour, after having lost touch with her for a decade.

I shut down and raced down to Erie Street, where Michael Kraiger had some pieces in an exhibit about faces.

I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon at the single gallery, in the back of Grace Church. But it was nice. And my eyes quit twitching.

No comments: