Monday, January 01, 2007

Hippos in Elephantmen



Last night, at Garth & Ruth's new year's gathering (Shannon convinced me to go out and it was actually really fun), an illustrator named Rob told me that he's jealous that I got to be the #1 Comicraft Value Stamp in Elephantmen #5. He hopes to one day be a Comicraft Value Stamp too.

Richard & JG decide these things, not me, but Rob drew a pinup for me when I was wearing my Kuwaiti editor hat, so I'll put in a good word for him.

Elephantmen #5 is out now in comic book stores. I'm looking at a copy now. Here's a preview. It's just awesome. Buy two--one to keep and one to cut out the #1 Comicraft Value Stamp.

2 comments:

Marie Javins said...

I've started off 2007 by falling in love with my iPod. Which is kind of sad... but now that I've modified it to my taste, I can say it's the best iPod yet. (It's the 5th-generation.) And the sublet I'm in has these great little Cambridge Soundworks speakers and the sound is as good as I'd get through any "real" stereo I've ever owned. Better, even. The person whose apartment I'm in is a composer.

It's afternoon on New Year's day, raining outside, and I'm wiped out from being out later than I've been out since... I don't remember, so I've got old Emmylou Harris/Gram Parson playing. Perfect mood, a little regretful, a little optimistic, and even a bit cheery. Perfect hangover music, if I drank alcohol.

Marie Javins said...

5 p.m. and I'm still in my pajamas. That's a good thing, right?