Thursday, January 25, 2007

Leaner, Meaner Wheelie


Here it is, my new wheelie bag!

My hope is that I will get along better with something more narrow and tall, rather than a square. I think it will be harder to destroy this one as in theory it should be more manageable on stairs. (Is my subconscious actually discussing men? What are the stairs a metaphor for?)

I really wanted the 195 euro Mandarina Duck one. It was a work of art (I am exaggerating but it's nice). But 3 out of 3 travel writers surveyed destroyed their first "real" suitcases, and one of those clobbered her second as well, so I thought perhaps this "Boomerang" (the house brand) wheeled duffel from El Corte Ingles would be a good test model.

Why? Because it was 39 euros. If I'm going to destroy another case, let's make it a cheap one.

2 comments:

Marie Javins said...

I just got back from Carrefour. DAMN--the knock-off wheeled duffel there is only 29 euros. Foiled again.

Wickkett said...

Hello-
This is my first time to your blog, I followed a link from a search I did on Jet City Jimbo. I have been enjoying your posts and I am sure to start reading them regularly. I was hoping you would be kind enough to let Jimbo know the next time you correspond with him that there are a lot of people out here who he does not know that are missing him. We all think about him regularly and hope his cancer goes in to remission soon. Please let him know he has many friends pulling for him. Thank you.

I look forward to your future posts.