Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Use "Hippo" or "Dik-Dik" to Create a Poem, Please

Vote here (in "Comments") and often to tell me your favorite hippo or dik-dik poem. You can also vote on Facebook. I didn't put the author's names here, in interests of fair play. Vote by number.

Winner gets a cool hand bag.

1.
I think that I shall never see
a hippo sitting in a tree
And if I did, I turn and flee
Don't want a hippo crapping on me.

2.
Irregardless I'm no rhymer I'm a
anglophonic come from behinder just in timer
I evolved from the slime to bring you this rhyme.

3.
Is that a HIPPO or is it a DIK-DIK?
Better take a decision real quick-quick!

One to avoid, and the other to kick-kick
An error of judgment, and you will get sick-sick!

4.
Did you ever hear of handbag made out of hippos?
I didn't think you did and this is what I suppose:
A hippo's got a tude
A hippo's got a smile
A hippo's got jaws that open half a mile
He's fatter than your mom
but he's faster than you run
If you ever see one coming you better have a gun
Or else make like a dik-dik
And flee the predic-dicament
Or you won't be evolving into no homo sapient.

5.
Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my.
These beasties scare us til we’re sick.
The most fearsome are the hippopotami
But the cutest is the dik-dik.

6. (haiku)
Dik Dik antelope
Too cute to kill for dinner
I would rather starve.

7. (haiku)
Throat looks bottomless
Folds of fat hide your cunning
Hippopotamus

8. (limerick)
The hippo may seem like a bore
But he's got a most deadly maw
Don't get distracted
By the dik-dik's cute antics
You'll be trampled while your saying "Awww!"

10 comments:

Ed Ward said...

If the haikus are by the same author, I'd say you have a winner.

John Bligh said...

Number 1.

:)

Unknown said...

8. Always had a soft spot for limericks.

Marie Javins said...

Late entry, not eligible for the prize:

What does it mean, to be chased by a hippo?
Nothing at all, nada, zilch, zippo.

(unless you want it to)

robert said...

#1 great imagery

Steve Buccellato said...

#5. It's simple. Just like me.

Marie Javins said...

Three way tie! Between here and Facebook. Who will break it?

Pville Peg said...

I vote for haiku #7... that doesn't help, does it?

Marie Javins said...

Ed, can you give me a vote for one of the other?

Ed Ward said...

Okay, I'll go with 7.