Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You Know You're Been Out of the East Village Too Long When...




Along the same lines as yesterday's post, I am wearing a voodoo print dress to work today. I bought it in the early 90s and it never quite fit before. It fits beautifully now so I guess it needed 42-year-old Marie instead of 24-year-old Marie.

I feel awkward as hell in it.

But I'm gonna wear it anyway. No way around reassimilation. The only way out is through. And if that means voodoo print dresses, so be it.

Beats the flower print on the other dress, anyway.

Update: Sven called me as I was almost to the PATH. "The a/c is still out AND the elevators are broken. Just work from home." Off goes the voodoo print dress. So much for my bold attempt at regaining my more comfortable, assimilated self.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your voodoo dress! Looks great on you :)

-m