Monday, July 16, 2007

For a Big City, It's a Small Town

I was going stir-crazy from the slow uploading of files over wi-fi at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Would they make me order something else? I'd been there for two hours on the credit of one Iced Blended.

Then, Ulp, Hot Landlord at eleven o'clock.

Wait. Look at him. The little cute hat, fashionable trousers, gold chain, expensive shoes, unbuttoned linen long-sleeve shirt surely from Europe. Obsessed with the right furniture. Talking of days lying by the pool working on his tan.

He is so gay.

Marc called it.

But the stories of him living in my little apartment with his girlfriend... the flirting... well, gay men sometimes flirt with women too. It's fun.

He certainly seems gay, if there is such a thing as seeming gay.

Well, it doesn't matter. I've always been more interested in hiding from him than in hitting on him. And he's still fun to talk to.

And yeah, Hot Landlord is still hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog a couple weeks ago, and it's become one of my favorites. You're a great storyteller. I think it's important to let people know when they do something remarkable...and not just because I like being on the receiving end of a compliment. :-)

Marie Javins said...

THANK YOU, Melissa!! I love hearing from strangers who stumble over this blog--send me your address and I'll send you a Dik-Dik postcard with Egypt stamps.