Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Words of Wisdom

I attended a panel tonight on "Promoting Your Book."

Yeah, I do all that. I'm all over this Internet thing. But hey... I don't have links to all the promotion my book got. Maybe I should start that. Yeah, I'll work on it.

But the actual advice aside, the quote of the evening was this.

"Networking isn't about strangers doing you favors. It's about making friends. And then you and your friends rely on each other."

Starting that list now. I'm sure I'm forgetting loads but I have to start somewhere.

Bob Garlitz blog review, July 1, 2008
Kitsap Sun, June 8, 2008
Spoke to Returned Peace Corps volunteers. Must find out when that was.
Travelgirl review, May 2007
Video Interview-must digitize a bit of this
Scanorama mention, 2007
Where Have You Been at Bluestockings Books, April 2007
Interview on The Well, April 2007
World Hum review, February 2007
Perceptive Travel review, January 2007
Transitions Abroad review, February 2007
Elephantmen #5, December 2006
Mentioned on Bob Harris' blog, November 2006
GoNOMAD.com excerpt, October 2006
Review on Written Road, September 30, 2006
The Beat, August 2006

This is going to take a while. And I can't find the first WarrenEllis.com mention, where Stalking the Wild Dik-Dik rocketed up the Amazon sales charts before it was even published.

No comments: