Saturday, June 21, 2008

Canoeing the Meadowlands

Here are some photos from this morning's expedition to the Meadowlands.

If you look closely, you can see the Empire State Building in the top photo, the one with Roberta and Tom.

The bottom one is me in my goofy hat that I bought at Woolworth's in Cape Town in 2001. I managed to find time to drop it off at home (and have a quick shower to get all the sunscreen off me) before running off to the airport for my Grand Canyon trip.

My former neighbor Helen was my canoeing partner. Neither of us knew what the heck we were doing, but we pulled it off with relative grace.



1 comment:

Linda said...

I need a hat like that! Actually, I lost my fisherman's hat yesterday at Busch Gardens. So if it's sunny tomorrow, I'll have to buy a replacement.