Saturday, April 25, 2020

Maskmaker Maskmaker Make Me A Mask

Look! It's my unsolicited opinion on face masks.

How exciting for us, surely.

The pleated kind and similar (like a cloth version of a surgical mask) are more comfortable than the bra-cup looking masks, but your glasses fog up. This isn't a problem if you don't wear glasses, but today I put on my sunglasses and they fogged up immediately.

The bra-cup ones are better for people with glasses, but they feel a bit more suffocate-y.

Both of the above are more comfortable then the N95 pro masks, the kind I've worn while tiling the floor or scraping something likely to include lead paint or toxic fumes.

I'm pretty sure the comfort is inversely proportional to the efficacy. Meaning...the more breezy the mask, the more pleasant it is to wear. The more you feel like you're going to hyperventilate from being unable to breathe normally, the more likely the mask is to be doing its job.

Of course, you might not want to take medical advice from a comic book editor. This is purely anecdotal.

At least the handmade ones look like a bit more fun. Here are a few I've been working on recently. 

No comments: