Thursday, January 01, 2009

Cerrado

Today in Sucre, Bolivia, I:

-almost stepped in doo-doo.

-narrowly avoided broken glass (a result of last night's parties, which included the most fireworks I've ever heard and a marching band that started marching at midnight and last passed my hotel at 8:30 a.m.).

-broke a sandal. Searched for a shoe repair man but he was closed for New Year's Day.

-tried to go to some museums, but they were closed for New Year's Day.

-wanted to eat at "La Posada," but it was closed for New Year's Day.

-tried to see some churches. But even they were closed for New Year's Day.

-climbed up a steep hill to see a panoramic view of the whitewashed buildings of Sucre, Bolivia. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, you know. And since it's outside, it wasn't closed.

Click here to see some of my photos of Sucre, Bolivia. The outside, I mean, since museums and cultural stops were off the table.

No comments: