Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Today's Lessons

Here are two lessons I have learned today.

1) You can plan to be greener and fly less all you want, but one family funeral throws that right out the window when you weigh options against each other. I'm in Pittsburgh for the day.

2) When you buy a one-way ticket a few days prior to travel, you get flagged and super-searched. It was so lame. There I was, my laptop, my toothpaste in a Zip-Loc bag, and a book, being searched like I was a threat to national security because I was flying out of LaGuardia on one airline and back to JFK on JetBlue. Silly.

1 comment:

Marie Javins said...

Sitting in the Pittsburgh Airport now on my way home, flight delayed due to weather in New York. My flight is taking off after I'm supposed to already be on the Airtrain at JFK. Ah, hell, it's gonna be a late night, and me due at the accountant's office at 10 a.m. to go over my disastrously disorganized 2006 taxes.

(Yeah, I'm a little late. Gimme a break, I was in Cairo when you were all paying your taxes.)