Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Camping on Eighth Street


Moving my large furniture into storage was relatively painless, though there's no such thing as a pain-free move.

The driver of the "free truck with move-in" did a lot of the work, and what he didn't do, Kraiger did. Roberta and I mostly stood around feeling awkward and opening doors. "Let me help you with that." "No, I have it." "Uh, okay, I'll, um, just clean up that dust."

Dust is something I have a lot of. I must have one of the world's foremost collections of dust bunnies right now. They infest, hiding behind bookcases. I'll take a photo when I get them all in one place.

I'm now camping out in my own apartment, sleeping on my Thermarest and using an end table as a desk.

It's not so bad. Though there's a bit of an echo in my furniture-free condo.

2 comments:

Marie Javins said...

My closing just got moved to Wednesday the 20th!! I could use the extra days but I wish they'd done that BEFORE I'd gotten two non-refundable Priceline nights at the Doubletree down the street.

Linda said...

That must be aggravating!