Saturday, November 08, 2008

More Brain Work

We started knitting school last night. Me, Kraiger, Roberta. Well, Roberta had to start the night before due to a scheduling conflict, but she'll be knitting with us next time at the Stockinette Cafe around the corner from me in JC. It's in a place that used to be a deli belonging to the brother-in-law of my friend Pete (who used to be assistant editor on X-Men when I was coloring X-books).

Our teacher was patient and sweet, and coincidentally belongs to the same knitting group as Kraiger's neighbor. His neighbor knows me too, from 20 years ago, when life for me, the Other Marie, and Nancy was about splitting our time between work, sleeping, and watching music at Maxwell's. I've seen the knitting group down the street at BASIC, and I always thought it was odd, all these people sitting around a table chatting and clicking needles.

And now I am one of them. Well, not really. I assume they know what they are doing. I do not.

I did work out how to get the yarn onto the needle, and then how to knit it off onto the other needle, and then switch hands and start over. But it looked like a bunch of knots.

Which is what it is, I suppose. So maybe I'm doing okay.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Amazing! I never know what you're going to do next.

Marie Javins said...

Me neither. It's a bit nerve-wracking.

Anonymous said...

You got it. A bunch of knots. It's like Tetris... addicting.