Sunday, May 09, 2021

Sunday Morning Touristing

This morning, I went to the new coffee shop next door to my hotel right when it opened, got some breakfast, then trekked up to the main highway to the bus stop. I'd gone on a walking tour last night where the guide had advised me to get to the marina at Cabo San Lucas as early as I could in the morning.

10:05 isn't really early, and I'd just missed one of the "clear boat" tours, which was what I was aiming for. I went to the boat office and tried to sign up for the 11 a.m. departure, but it was sold out.

"The noon trip has room," explained a guy covered in a sandwich board.

"Come on, too hot," I said. "Mas calor." He agreed. "I'll see if I can find one leaving sooner, but if not, I'll be back," I told him.

I walked into the marina and immediately saw a water taxi driver leading two women onto a boat.

"Are you leaving now?"

He nodded. "Twenty dollars, come along."

I did, and we left immediately, stopping first for gas, then heading out to see the sights.






1 comment: