Saturday, May 01, 2010

No Escape

This cracked me up. My friend Sean, who inks comics, got me on his Washington Post front page yesterday.



Let's take a closer look.



What is happening here is that his newspaper account is linking to his Facebook Friends list and putting up a random story. My random story.

Funny and spooky all at once. Especially because I am sure I've locked down all that stuff about using me in social networking ads. My privacy settings are super-high too, but since Sean is on my A-list, he gets to see it all. Facebook is pervasive, the octopus with a hundred million tentacles, whose prime directive is to find a way to monetize its massive membership base.

And the Washington Post? They don't know I'm alive. But for a split second, it felt like they did.

1 comment:

Amanda Castleman said...

The WaPo will hire you any second, when they realize what a travel maven you are...