Thursday, March 18, 2021

Workaround

I was on a Zoom panel today, and the thing about laptops (versus external monitors) is they offer a dreadful perspective on a human face. No one needs to see that neck-y, chin-y angle, and at home they never do, because my external monitor is at a good height.

But I'm working on a laptop on a desk of a typical height--and I don't want to be that chin-y, neck-y person we all see in meetings where no one gives a shit anymore a year into this.

I looked around the room--I could put pillows on the desk and put my laptop on the pillows, but then when I type, I thought I might get a bounce. I considered using a wastebasket on the desk to elevate the laptop too.

Then my eyes strayed across the coffee table. I added the towel so I didn't scratch up the hotel's desk. Success!