Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sunday, DTLA

When I moved to LA in June of 2015, I carried two suitcases, a laptop, and a plan to go home and get my car by the end of the year.

I stayed in Toluca Lake, DTLA, Studio City, East Hollywood, Los Feliz, and Hollywood before ending up a mile from work. I never did go get my car.

Today, I got off the Red Line near where I’d stayed in July, 2015. How long was I even on 4th and Main? Two weeks? Three? I wandered through Grand Central Market, stopped for a coffee, and am going to the craft fair downstairs before meeting friends.

DTLA is where I would live if I’d bought a place when I’d first arrived, or if the Burbank Bus has gone to Universal metro then. Too pricey now, but nice to visit.


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Curious how things can evoke memories like that, isn't it?