Thursday, February 20, 2020

Raising the Roof

Look! Roof photos.

After weeks of waiting for a permit, tearing off and replacing the little roof on my Jersey City mini-castle only took a single day.

This all started because heavy winds blew the downspout off the front of the building. I can see how that would happen after who-knows-how-many years. I don't know the last time the drainage system was replaced, but it's looking good now. Plus, when the roofers came out to take a look, they noted the mini-roof on the bay window had no drainage at all, and the lumber all needed to be replaced.

A day later, everything looks grand. I want to do the main roof on top of the house, but there's a flat section, a pop-up box section, and a pointed roof at the back. Complicated. And pricey. Fortunately, nothing is leaking.

Elite Roofing brought a drone. Now I want a drone too.