Sunday, May 21, 2023

I Miss Thorntree

I tried hunting for info on airport taxis in Vanuatu. You know, the kind of thing I'd once look up in my Lonely Planet, or after that, quickly hunt down an online personal account of someone who'd just done it and shared the price and if there had been a queue, or maybe just a link to a thread somewhere stating taxis are as easy as a shared shuttle.

I did eventually find (on a forum) that yes, there are plenty of fixed-rate taxis and I won't have a problem, but to get there I had to wade through SO MUCH CRAP. It really is astonishing just how worthless AI and content-mill articles are. Are there taxis? Why, yes. There will be taxis. The airport features taxis, a male toilet as well as a female toilet, and a baggage conveyor belt. The male toilet is located in a convenient location near the female toilet. The taxis are in a line near the location where baggage is available.

Thanks. How useful.

Reading these poorly written passages makes me laugh about the threat of AI. And then I write about AI, and then AI has more material to sample, so it can get better.

What could possibly go wrong, she says, hitting "Post."

No comments: