Thursday, May 25, 2023

Delayed in Sydney Airport

My phone gets free T-Mobile data on United flights, so I'd gotten a message from Air Vanuatu that my 11:15 am SYD-Vanuatu flight had been delayed to 7:20 pm. I was alarmed—my land diving excursion in Vanuatu was scheduled for 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning, and only occurs on Saturdays in May and June.

I used Skype to call Air Vanuatu as soon as I was on the ground, because while on the plane, I'd looked up a backup plan but I'd have to race to the domestic terminal to get to Brisbane for a Virgin Australia flight.

The Air Vanuatu rep assured me the plane would leave tonight. I figured it was hit-or-miss. We're talking Air Vanuatu here, not Qantas, but I decided to believe the earnest man who reassured me. Especially because I'd demanded the late plane go to Vanuatu tonight. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, I am sure." 

"Are you sure-sure? Because I'm a tourist and I want to go to Vanuatu!" 

"Yes, I am sure." 

This is living, folks!

No comments: