Sunday, May 01, 2022

Wait for It

My office is relocating in June, and we've all been packing up for months now. I think I've brought home 40-50 boxes of comics and books over the last few months, and this weekend, I carried the last of them in a rented Toyota hatchback.

I don't live in an elevator building, and my condo has no street entrance. To get to my unit, I have to climb 12 or so stairs from either the street or the garage, then loop around the side of the complex, then go up more stairs to my apartment.

The office movers put all the boxes into the car for me, but they don't follow us home, so I had the joy of lugging 20+ boxes from the car to my apartment. I have a little wheeled cart, but the stairs are unavoidable. I just took it slow and moved boxes a few at a time.

The movers also took all my cow art down off the wall and packed it up for me.

I am tired and sore and worn out.

Or maybe it's the booster shot I got last night.

But at least the cows have come home.





1 comment: