Thursday, July 29, 2021

The R in Trap Neuter Return

Here's the end of the Bart saga, in which he demonstrates his alias (Impulse).

I had him in the trap all night, covered, fed, watered. He slept for a while, then he woke up and moped a bit (see "Saddest Cat on Earth" video 1), then around 4 a.m., he started in with the occasional mew.

I checked him out, gave him more food and water, but I think he might have been telling me the anesthesia had worn off and he wanted to leave.

I let him out at 7:30, and by 9 a.m., he had returned to investigate the cage.

Perhaps Bart is trying to make sense of his alien abduction. I don't know. I would be confused too if someone kidnapped me, driven me around, knocked me out, then tried to make me eat treats. Hoping this is the end of me and Bart. I have my hands full with the other ferals and my job.