Sunday, October 14, 2018

Pasadena Sunday


There's a big flea market at the Rose Bowl on the second Sunday of every month. I went once with Tracy and a rental car, but that was almost two years ago, so it was time to go again.
I didn't have a rental car this time, but that's actually a good thing as parking is a bit of a hassle outside such a big arena. The shuttle bus stop is near the entrance. 

Here's how to take public transit to the Rose Bowl Flea Market: You get to the Raymond and Holly aka the Memorial Park Gold Line station first. I did this on the 501 bus, which goes from Burbank directly there. Then you catch the Sunday 51 bus directly to the Rose Bowl. Oh, and it's free. Ridiculously easy. I doubt that bus runs on Sundays when there are not events, but on flea days, it runs once or twice an hour. 
I walked once around the arena, and then dove into the offshoot, the real "flea-like" part. This is exhausting, though, so eventually I spotted a good and restful distraction, and sat down at the tarot card reader's booth. 

For ten bucks, I got some pleasant conversation and hearty entertainment. I've had my palm read, my cards read, gone to psychics, and had my chart done. I've even had a reading over Skype. I enjoy all of these things immensely, especially when the reader seems to be tailoring the reading to me. Today's reading was extra-fun, because the reader pinned me as working for money right now and seeing a choice down the road between doing so and escaping for the creative. I'd say IT'S LIKE SHE KNEW ME, except isn't this everyone's dream?



1 comment:

William Kendall said...

There's a weekly one here, but I've never been to it.