Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Look at Grand Central

On my knees, I leaned back from the open window four stories over Grand Central Terminal and then tried to stand. But I was in an awkward position, scared as I am of heights, and I stubbed my toe.

I still managed not to drop my shoes or my camera onto the Apple Store below.

I was on a two-and-a-half hour tour of Grand Central, as part of its centennial.

I'd signed up on a whim and didn't expect the tour to be all that interesting. I'd nearly not bothered to go late in the afternoon when I fell behind on things.

But when I got there, not only was the guide utterly engaging, but he told us all kinds of trivia and he took us on one of the glass walkways high above the main hall.

Amazing. And terrifying.

Here are some photos of the tour. 




No comments: