Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fun with Molten Glass

I've had my eye on the glassblowing class at Jersey City Art School since late 2010, but I got a little busy what with going around the world and all.

I got back to it today, after morning yoga, taking a class with Kiva Ford who is an expert glassblower in both the artistic end of things and also in scientific glassblowing.

We heated up some blue glass in front of a torch, then melted some strips of beige glass onto the face, twirled it around into a spiral, then flattened it for a nice pendant.

Next up was heating up a bubbly pipe of green glass and then blowing it into a water globe for plants.

There's a lathe class and in the winter, a Christmas ornaments class. I'm going back for sure. This was a ton of fun.


See if you can guess which one I made and which one Kiva made. Okay, too easy.

No comments: