Monday, May 27, 2013

Paring Down

This shrink-wrapped 1997-Hong Kong-handover Monopoly set has been taunting me for 15 years now.

"Why did you buy me if you never planned to open me?" 

I don't know. I guess I thought it might be fun to play Hong Kong Monopoly when I bought this at Toys R Us in Ocean Terminal mall. I took it home and put it on a shelf and promptly forgot about it until I was putting all my stuff into a storage unit pre-MariesWorldTour 1 in 2000. And then my only action was to pack it up. 

The next time I saw it, I would have been unpacking the storage unit in 2003. I would have put it into my marked space in the shared basement in my last Jersey City condo. 

Our next adventure would have been into my garage, then I finally brought it upstairs a few years ago and thought "I better just sell this on eBay." But I couldn't figure out how to price it, so it went back into the garage. 

I've gotten it out of the garage again, and this time, I'm getting rid of it one way or another. 


No comments: