Saturday, May 19, 2012

Yeti Alert

Last night, I went to the Hero, Villain, Yeti exhibit at the Rubin Museum of Art.

A friend had joined me for the excursion and we both became engrossed in the exhibits upstairs—and why not? He doesn't drink coffee and I don't drink beer, so we might as well see art together. The Rubin houses an comprehensive collection of Tibetan art, which was still engaging even after seeing the real thing last year.

We worked our way down several floors to the basement, where the the show we'd come to see was.

Hero, Villain, Yeti was about images of Tibet in comic books. Since I have a thing about the yeti and I make my living in comic books, this show was right up my alley. I studied the credits on the displayed Uncle Scrooge comic, hoping to impress my date with the presence of my name, but it wasn't an issue I'd colored.

Other than that, the show couldn't be more perfect.

Except for one thing.

There were nowhere near enough yetis. But then, there never are.



No comments: