Sunday, July 02, 2023

Early Rise

I woke up at 5 to get a 5:20 a.m. Uber to the tiny less-known airport to the north of Santo Domingo. The AirBnb night guard waited with me outside the block’s pedestrian zone.

The Uber Hyundai had a giant container of…natural gas? LP? in the trunk. The driver said no ingles, but his phone gave him English directions.

I had airport coffee machine cappuccino and Mini Chokis (Clasico) and granola cookies for desayuno, using my last DR pesos post-security. Breakfasts of champions always remind me of desperately snacking on Pringles and Pepsi when the road down from Machu Picchu was blocked while I was there.

I spent last night on the phone with my ticket's travel vendor, unconvinced I actually had an airline ticket. The name of the airline and flight number didn’t match the only 8 a.m. flight from Santo Domingo’s small airport to Curacao. 

Somehow it all worked, though my tight connection from CUR-BON became my new concern.

I hope to be snorkeling in Bonaire by 3:30 today, but I guess I might instead be enjoying the hospitality of Curacao again. (Though I do like Curacao.) 

Today's goal is Bonaire and snorkeling. (I can dive but I don’t like it unless I really have to dive to see something uniques, like the underwater museum near Cancun.)









No comments: