Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Sunday Market

Sunday morning in Guadalajara. This photo is the Jalisco state government office on the main square by the cathedral. Some of the paintings I saw yesterday are in this building. I was just passing by on my way to the Covid test center at 8 a.m.

I had my test results in my email about 20 minutes later. It's truly the same test I'd buy at the pharmacy and give to myself, but they make a letter for the airline that addresses the points requested by the CDC.

Interesting change since the last time I did this--my results were supposedly verified "by the blockchain." Okay, seems like a lot of effort to swab my nostrils, but it does discourage me from lazily forging my own results. Not that I have, but I've been tempted a few times because how the hell would they even know? Maybe now they would.

I headed to Tonala for the Sunday market. I'd read it was full of crafts! Then I'd read that wasn't actually true, it was full of the same plastic crap you'd get at a Sunday market in LA. That sounded more likely. Oh well, there's another pottery museum in Tonala and what else was there to do anyway? When in Guadalajara...go to pottery museums. Isn't that what they say?



No comments: