Friday, January 14, 2022

More I Spy

I got a video doorbell. The idea is to set it up so when a delivery person drops a box in front of the downstairs door, a person on the 3rd or 4th floor would get a motion alert on their phone.

I like the actual doorbell--setup was easy, there's no subscription, and the video is stored on an SD card located INSIDE the house on the plug-in chime. It works over the house wi-fi.

I've been playing with the sensitivity, but so far I've only managed to make it view people and dogs walking by on the sidewalk.

I've tried zones and adjustments, but I can't seem to make it alert me when someone is actually by the door or the trashcans. Maybe I'll have to just hope the delivery people push the actual bell, and use the motion sensor to look at cute dogs.

No comments: