Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Car-less

Remember how I was toying with the idea of going to Hawaii for a while?

I am still toying. Airfares are cheap, hotels are cheaper but a lot for someone who is still paying for a roof...but we don't get the work-from-home forever, so I'm still thinking about it.

I ran through a scenario today. I like to call it "What if I flew to Hawaii on Saturday?"

And what I learned is I would have to get a Zipcar to get the pre-travel COVID test.

Basically, only certain places are partners with Hawaii to do the test. And nearly all of them require you be be IN A CAR to get the test. There are FAQs online about these tests, and no, you may not just walk up and take the test. You have to be in a car. (I assume it's for the safety of the workers, though I'm not sure how me walking up is all that different than driving up.)

LAX has a walk-in place you can do day-of-travel, but it's a lot more trouble to get to LAX than it would be to get a Zipcar one morning and go to CVS.

This is all kind of odd and hilarious and this is the world we live in right now.

No comments: