Sunday, February 17, 2019

En Route to DTLA

I was en route to the travel show* at the LA Convention Center, entering the Hollywood/Vine metro station, which is actually at Hollywood and Argyle.

There was a guy inside the platform’s glass-sided elevator.

The elevator was not going up. It was not going down. It was merely existing without bias—the guy did not seem alarmed, nor was he trying to exit the elevator. The doors were snugly shut, as if the elevator was at rest. Which I guess it was. The guy and the elevator were just hanging out.

I averted my eyes and walked to the other end of the platform. I kinda wanted to see where this story went, but self-preservation won out.


*At the travel show, I interrogated some Baja reps about the bridge from San Diego to Tijuana Airport, the CBX. From Burbank, it is possible to take the 4:50 a.m. Flixbus to Old Town, San Diego, hope on a trolley to the San Ysidro border, get on a $6 shuttle to CBX, then walk into the airport through passport control, and take a Calafia or Volaris flight south into Baja. 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

One wonders what he was thinking.