Sunday, January 25, 2015

Decorative Heater

Here's my new heater. It looks great, doesn't it?

But it didn't seem like it was generating that much heat. I peered in through the slits. I'd turn it off, then turn it back on. The fan would kick in and heat would come out. Then the fan would go off and an orange light would go one.

Hrm. What could that be, I thought. Standby mode? 

I looked in the manual. 

Oh. That's the thermal protection light. It comes on when something goes wrong. 

I shut it off at the breaker and gave it the finger. That'll show that heater. 


Anonymous said...

It happens when not enough air is moving across the heater coils and things get overheated.

Hair dryers do the same thing.

Anonymous said...

You also have to have the correct voltage. Check the manual to see if the unit needs 110 or 220 volts. Then see that your feeding it the correct voltage from the breaker.