Sunday, October 28, 2012

Waiting on the Storm

We're all gearing up for Hurricane Sandy here. It's currently on worst-case-scenario track, but it has a way of changing suddenly so we don't know yet what will happen.

People have been friendly and funny today. Cashiers have been chattier and snarky, and strangers are talking to me on the street. Everyone is a little nervous but also in the "what-can-you-do" state. We're all going to hunker down. Well, not all. Some people are being evacuated. We probably should evacuate too, but JC is only evacuating people on the bottom floors of high rises by the river.

Here's what we look like. The red is "oh-shit" zone. I'm at the blue pin.


I have prepared as much as I can. I have a bunch of food too, but I was too lazy to bring it into the other room for this photo.

Ready as I'll ever be.


No comments: