Sunday, October 21, 2012

Walking Red Hook

After three straight days of staring at the computer and working on the Iron Man novel, I was going stir-crazy and had to get out of the house.

I went over to Red Hook in Brooklyn, to go on a photo trip with SVA.

It was fun—I didn't take the ferry because it was just easiest to catch the subway to the free jitney to the meeting spot at IKEA. I had some meatballs and lingonberries on the way (does anyone really need FIFTEEN meatballs??) and walked around for about three hours.

At four, I took my leave after the group went to the host's studio/apartment to look at slides. I had a headache from walking about in the sun, and a brain-ache from group activity, and since I can go to incredible Italian delis in J.C. any time, the next part of the event didn't engage me.


I walked over the pedestrian bridge back to the brownstones and trees of Carroll Gardens, caught the train back to Penn Station, and spent a few hours in my office before heading out to meet a friend for dinner.

And by the time I got home after midnight, I was fried.

So it was just dandy when the upstairs neighbor, the one that snores so loud I hear it through the floor, decided to have drunk friends over at 3:30 AM. Swell!


No comments: