Saturday, February 02, 2019

Professional Fakery

I can't remember if I showed these already. Back in September, I mocked up some fake color guides, supposedly from the early to mid 1980s.

My Dr. Ph. Martin's transparent dyes were in Jersey City (I have them now), so Rob L, who lives on the West Side, had to stop by Steve B's house after work and borrowed his dyes for me. Many were dried out, but there was enough liquid to mix what I needed.

I made do without Finch paper, but in the later years of guides, we'd started using crappy paper anyway, so I was kind of used to it.

I didn't have the tray for mixing colors, so I emptied out little creamer packets from the office kitchen and used those. Rob Clark had an unused Winsor & Newton brush, and we were off to the races.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed going to work quite this much.





1 comment:

William Kendall said...

A bit of a Conan motif?

That Wonder Woman one really stands out!