Monday, March 03, 2014

Lifestyle Rework

Remember when I quit eating sugar back in August, when I was in Mexico?

My ears are still ringing, and I still don't know why. Back before my insurance became weird and erratic (can no one really figure out how to send a bill?), I tried going to my regular doctor, an ear doctor, an infectious disease doctor, and an allergist. What I learned is my hearing is great. I still have interesting world-traveling parasites, and US doctors are all over the place about if that means anything. And my family has all kinds of food intolerances, so it could be that too, but I'm definitely not allergic according to skin tests.

Anyway, I quit eating sugar because one school of thought is that sugar contributes to candida overbalance. That in and of itself isn't a sickness. It's a symptom, like the ear-ringing. Who knows? Obviously not me.

But this I do know. Not eating sugar is definitely good for me. And you. Everyone. I feel less tired and more energetic, and I lost ten pounds too and it hasn't come back.

I'm getting tired of eating the same things over and over though, and once slow-cooker season is over, I'm not sure what I'll eat. I've eaten lots of meat, beans, corn tortillas, sweet potatos, spinach, hummus, and steel-cut oats over the last months. I need new ideas though. No pasta or bread or pre-packaged anything. I'm open to ideas, if anyone wants to send them over in the comments.



No comments: