Wednesday, July 03, 2013

The Floor

Here's today's adventures in flooring.


Phew. I'm beat. Manual labor is for the young. 

I ran into a few problems. There are two slightly raised spots. One I think I managed to gloss over, but the one on the lower right could an issue. I'm going to try screwing it down more tomorrow, or maybe I can get a smooth hill over the tape. The other problem is I can't quite get the screws flush, so I might try hitting them with a sledge hammer. I bought concrete backer board screws rather than the branded HardieBacker ones, which might have been a mistake. 

I will try tiling in the morning. The gym opens at 7, and I can head over there for a shower and there's also a toilet at the coffee shop on the corner, but I really don't want to make this a habit. I can go to the gym without being forced to use their facilities all the time. I can just go to, you know, exercise. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ah! Someone who actually uses their gym membership!