Sunday, December 02, 2012

Under Construction

I have been to Barcelona at least a dozen times, including a three-month stay in 2004. But I had never been inside La Sagrada Famillia. Why? It's expensive. Much of the amazing stuff is on the outside. And there are always really long lines.

This time around, I bought a ticket online in advance for 10 AM on a Sunday morning. I didn't have to wait at all.

I went up one of the towers, which was fine, but I think it would be awful during high season. You go single-file down the stairs (or take the elevator), and you go as slow as the slowest dawdler. So this could be aggravating when a lot of people were there.

I was amazed, as most people are when they visit. But also, I couldn't help but wonder why, and who had all this money, and was it worth it?





No comments: