Monday, July 05, 2010

Should I Be Insulted?

I went over to Hoboken to Maxwell's on Friday night, first for dinner with Ken, Linda, and Otis, then I decided to see the Feelies, since the tickets hadn't sold out yet by the time I got there.

On stage, one of the Feelies announced that it was the 25th anniversary of their first July 4th Maxwell's show.

The woman standing next to me turned and glared at me. Startled, I looked back. Had I stepped on her foot or something?

Her glare softened and she laughed.

"I was going to say you weren't even alive 25 years ago, but obviously you were."

6 comments:

John Bligh said...

I'd take it as an insult. You should've slugged her. :)

Don Hudson said...

Maybe she thought you were well-preserved?

Susan D-L said...

I was mistaken for 35 last week by a gentleman, which was fine since I'm going to be 50 in a few more months. On the other hand, he was my father's age, so that might have had something to do with it.

Ed Ward said...

If she was one of the Feelies' moms, you say thanks.

Otherwise ignore.

Prof. Roy Richardson said...

Heh, I like to freak my students out by telling them I remember watching the very first (Captain Kirk) episode of Star Trek when it originally aired on tv. Their response is usually "How old ARE you?" Or "Who's Captain Kirk?"

Marie Javins said...

My comments keep disappearing! There's something wrong with Blogger.