Thursday, November 26, 2009

On Holiday



I'm in what I call the Fonzie apartment, above my mother's garage in rural Virginia. Fonzie as in the seventies sitcom "Happy Days." Fonzie lived over the Cunningham's garage.

I took a seven-hour ride on the Amtrak yesterday to get here. The trip was painless enough but I was really ready to get off that train by the end of the journey.

Having my own digs while visiting others makes the whole experience so much easier. And it really is a holiday for me, with nothing to do but read scripts for work and eat when told to.

Here's me, Mom, and Aunt Peggy eating-on-demand last night at the Wayside Inn in Middletown, VA. I swiped the photo off of Mom's blog.

2 comments:

Steve Buccellato said...

Aayyy! Sit on it, nerd!

(and Happy Thanksgiving, Marie!)

Don said...

Any Paul Theroux-type stories whilst on your "Railway Bazaar", or maybe something bizarre?

Happy Thanksgiving down there! Canadains and Americans are the only ones who celebrate Thanksgiving. Kinda special, eh?