Friday, October 03, 2008

Another Chunk of My 15 Minutes




Isaac, who is shooting a documentary about my day job, interviewed me in May or June. Today he showed me some of the rough footage.

I looked silly, but not too bad overall. I always appear kind of exaggerated on video, as if my cheekbones were 5x broader than they are, and as if my eyes don't just roll, but roll back into my head like a cartoon character.

Still, I came off pretty well in the footage, though I'm not sure people will want to hear my ideas about superheroes being retro and based in the needs of a different era. Oops. Maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to say...

3 comments:

Amanda Castleman said...

Those cheekbones appear positively Slavic, Marie! If only video made me look more chiseled, instead of adding 20 pounds...

Marc Siry said...

Seriously. Don't people have surgery to make their cheekbones more prominent? You should be thrilled with the money you've saved in cosmetic surgery alone.

Marie Javins said...

I am not unhappy about it, truth be told. There are certainly worse things than the camera adding 5 pounds, all on my cheekbones.