Thursday, September 11, 2008

Retro Photos


Three years ago, about this time (September 9th, to be precise), I fled Uganda.

There was romance involved, or rather a sudden and severe lack of it, and the only answer was to get far, far away. But I wasn't ready to skulk home yet with my tail between my legs, so I went to Namibia to lick my wounds on my own terms.

Of course, you don't need me to tell you that. I was already blogging at this point. If you go to the 2005 entries and read from the beginning, you'll get the whole story. Or almost the whole story. If you are good with subtext, you can read the unwritten stuff as well.

I put up some Uganda photos a while back on Facebook. Have a look.

2 comments:

Sue said...

As with your Namibia photos, these make me want to go back! I haven't been to Uganda since 1996 - the first time was in 1989. Time to go by a lottery ticket or something.

Amanda said...

I really enjoyed looking at your Uganda photos...Quality Cuts got me very excited for some reason (even though I've only been in the parking lot). Murchison Falls is so beautiful; I'd like to go there in spite of the hippos, etc.