Saturday, July 19, 2008

Home

I found eight of my (mostly former) homes on Google Earth. I couldn't work out where my apartment in Berlin was,* and got bored before I started looking for Kuwait City, or places I lived before I was 30.






*I'm worried that I've started forgetting things, which is something that never happened before—to where it would disturb/frighten certain people around me, but hey, they're just jealous because they lost more brain cells than I did in Cairo's pollution and forget more often.

3 comments:

Marie Javins said...

All of Kampala is on red earth. Amazing how you can see it from above.

Ed Ward said...

I have a general idea where your place in Berlin was, although you never told me exactly. I can give you an approximate street address to shoot for if you want.

Marie Javins said...

I've got the exact address somewhere...it might have been Oranienstrasse. I just looked at a map. I would get off the train at Kottbusser Tor and walk...which way?? I have no idea. It was north?? Hell, I don't know. Then I'd pass a trendy little diagonal street and the get to my larger diagonal street that had a Goth bar on the corner. I'll have to look in my old notebooks, or maybe I typed it somewhere on mariesworldtour.com.