Monday, March 12, 2007

Back to Work


I made it home to Cairo! But it was a loooong day.

For independent travelers interested in doing what I did, I took the morning (9:35 a.m.) train from Luxor to El Banyara, saw Abydos, then caught the 1:58 p.m. train on to Giza. From there it's a quick metro ride (metro and train station are connected) back to Gezira Island. But there was nothing quick about the train. It was a seven-hour journey made excruciating by being in second class (for whatever reason, yesterday this train had no first class). Second class is comfortable, but the problem is that it is crowded, and everyone was anxious to talk to the foreigner. I was the entertainment for seven hours, which was fun for a while, but as always became tiring.

I have to go to work (that's why I'm in Egypt) now so no more blogging for the moment. But you can have a look here at some balloon photos. Click on "Start Slideshow."

2 comments:

Matt Hollingsworth said...

Looks like a fantastic way to check out the terrain!

Linda said...

Marvelous pictures! Or...
I'll link to that!

/Mom