Thursday, February 08, 2007

Not Everyone's Dream Organized Tour, But It's Mine

I would love to go on this Intrepid trip. It goes from Cairo to Casablanca, which means through Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco. What a great itinerary.

Course I can't go because I'm American and can't get a Libya visa. I can't even get as far as pondering the high price or kidnappings in Algeria (surely not in this part or Intrepid wouldn't go) because I'm automatically excluded.

Maybe someone out there with a European or Australian passport can go and tell me about it, okay?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you can get a visa as a u.s. citizen nowadays. There's certainly no restrictions that I can find on the state department page.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_951.html

I couldn't come up with much info on the libyian site, but I'm almost positive Americans can go to Libya now.

Marie Javins said...

While Libya is off the US list of forbidden countries (the other two were Iraq and Cuba, which means only one is left on the list), a reversal has occurred.

The US State Dept has nothing to do with the Libyans handing our visas, and right now they aren't giving them to Americans. I did talk to a Libyan travel agent from a prominent agency when I was at the travel expo in early January (in New York) and he said "We are working with the goverment to clear up this matter."