Sunday, January 14, 2007

Mary Mary Quite Contrary


I went over to the bookstore last night and picked up a copy of the magazine with Tim Leffel's article in it, the one that talked about expats working abroad and covered me working in Kuwait. (Yes, they are sending me a copy but much like my freelance checks, this will arrive long after I am out of reach of my PO Box and living in Egypt.)

My first thought when I looked at it was "I wish I had done more Photoshop work on that jpeg I sent them, and tried harder to erase those wrinkly lines on my neck."

My second thought was "Hey, why does the caption say that's my apartment in Kuwait? That's my office. Well, how would the person who wrote the caption (obviously not the author of the piece) know?"

It wasn't until I got home that I realized that the photo was of someone else's neck entirely. It's of Mary Javins, not my neck at all. Phew.

No comments: