Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Dating Profile

I followed a link from Ed Ward's blog and took a funny dating test. The results are... varied. It is definitely NOT true that I would never date anyone dumber than myself. That happens all the time. Just ask my friends.

I most definitely do not have lots of female friends and I am not at all good with babies. I probably have many more male friends, a byproduct of spending a few decades in the comic book industry.

Here's what someone's server had to say about me. The questionaire was not really geared toward me. There wasn't, for example, a box to tick for "Do you roam the world for months on end every few years," though there was a question about long-distance relationships. I have to admit that the bit at the end about The False Messiah pegged a certain individual in my not-too-distant past.

The Sonnet
Deliberate Gentle Love Dreamer

Romantic, hopeful, and composed. You are the Sonnet. Get it? Composed?

Sonnets want Love and have high ideals about it. They're conscientious people, caring & careful. You yourself have deep convictions, and you devote a lot of thought to romance and what it should be. This will frighten away most potential mates, but that's okay, because you're very choosy with your affections anyway. You'd absolutely refuse to date someone dumber than you, for instance.

Lovers who share your idealized perspective, or who are at least willing to totally throw themselves into a relationship, will be very, very happy with you. And you with them. You're already selfless and compassionate, and with the right partner, there's no doubt you can be sensual, even adventurously so.

You probably have lots of female friends, and they have a special soft spot for you. Babies do, too, at the tippy-top of their baby skulls.

ALWAYS AVOID: The 5-Night Stand, The False Messiah, The Hornivore, The Last Man on Earth

5 comments:

Sara Kocher said...

I think they just answered an age-old question in the "The 5-Night Stand" description:

"The secret of your success? Every nice person has an instinct to fix the broken dirtbag within you. Women especially have this instinct, because deep down they want their sons to be evil, a genetic advantage."

Is that why bad boys are so appealing to some women? I want to say "no," but I think it might be true.

Anonymous said...

Blah!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/emotions/faceperception1.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/emotions/faceperception2.shtml

Marie Javins said...

I'm done with men with an "edge." I don't care what kind of face they have or if they need to be fixed.

Decent, intelligent, respectful, and fun would do me just fine.

Maybe biology teaches us to want someone decent instead of macho or evil once we are at the tail end of child-bearing years.

Ed Ward said...

Interesting: , who started all of this, is a Sonnet, too. As the description notes, "composed." As I would add, a very complex form that's not as easy as it sounds.

Ed Ward said...

How very weird: that last post was only supposed to have Bowleserised as the hot link, and instead her name dropped off.